Intelligent Health is recruiting a new Chair
Intelligent Health is looking to recruit a new Chair to take us forward as a leading global company that empowers people to take control of their health. We are looking for an individual with a passion to make a difference and experience in building businesses to a growth of £10million +. It is vital that you have strong experience and skills in building a digital business in a related sector involving rapid growth, including outside the UK.
Intelligent Health Ltd
Intelligent Health Ltd is a thriving health technology company that over the last seven years has delivered on its mission to build healthy communities with revenues having grown to circa £2m per annum. We have engaged 1.2 million people in towns and cities across the world in which we have delivered a game, Beat the Street, combining gamification and behaviour change resulting in long lasting health benefits. Our aim is to digitalise the whole Company so that the data generated can be used to target individuals more intelligently, increasing the impact on their health and to build new revenue streams.
The Company was set up by Dr William Bird, MBE, and is funded by institutional shareholders, Mercia Investment and Finance South East plus directors and a number of private investors. The focus now is on raising new investment to fund rapid growth and to work towards an Exit for investors.
There is more information on the Company’s website intelligenthealth.co.uk
Introduction by Dr William Bird, MBE, Chief Executive
Intelligent Health was created to empower communities to become more active and healthy. As a Company we use data, technology and the science of behaviour change to achieve this. Our main product is Beat the Street which has consistently encouraged inactive participants to become more active. By engaging more deprived communities and a greater proportion of the least active population, Beat the Street has been in high demand. 2021 is likely to be the busiest year ever with over 200,000 people engaged by July, despite COVID-19 restrictions.
We are expanding the community to workplaces and are working with companies such as HSBC to help their staff through the lockdown. We also have the expertise to embed experts in active travel as staff members in councils with the objective of reducing pollution.
- The time commitment will be an average of about 2-3 days a month, plus 8 Board meetings per year. The candidate will also be expected to join one or more Board Committees and lead one or more strategy sessions each year.
- The position reports to the Board, with the Senior Non-Executive Director (SID) taking the lead in recruiting and dealing with any key issues relating to the Chair at a later stage.
- Responsibility to chair the Board, lead strategic discussions and to support the CEO and key executives.
- The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the Board to oversee a growth strategy targeted to reach circa £10m revenue by 2025.
- We seek a dynamic, entrepreneurial individual who will use their own skills combined with that of the team to ensure that the Company has a clear objective to deliver this strategy, with the expectation that the Company will be prepared for Exit discussions in about three years.
We are looking for an individual with previous senior board experience who is energetic and ambitious for Intelligent Health to be successful. You are likely to have experience of working with small companies but also crucially building a business to revenues in excess of £10m revenues per annum.
It is vital that you have strong experience and skills in building a digital business in a related sector involving rapid growth, including outside the UK.
You will have a strong belief in enabling people to make changes, especially those with mental, physical or financial challenges and through Intelligent Health, help to provide such individuals with a new sense of purpose.
Your experience, stature and gravitas will enable us to raise significant funds during 2021 to provide the financial resources to maximize the growth opportunity.
In order to show real commitment to the objective of building shareholder value, you will be invited to invest in the Company and subsequently play a leading role in securing a satisfactory Exit for shareholders.
Relevant Experience and Characteristics
- Clear strategic thinker
- A track record of raising funds and driving shareholder value in previous roles
- Planned and executed an Exit
- Strong commercial experience on an international scale
- Direct experience and success at building a high growth digital business
- Strong management skills and able to lead the Board in a collaborative way
- Experience in health and technology or related sectors
- Proven interest and empathy with our mission
- A strong networker and influencer
- An individual of high integrity and professionalism
The role will offer a remuneration package at a rate of circa £24,000 per annum. You will be entitled to participate in the Company’s equity participation scheme. Further, you will be invited to subscribe for shares in the Company for cash at an early stage.
To apply for this role, please email your CV (one or two pages) and brief covering email or letter, highlighting the reasons for your interest in the role and how you meet the person specification, to: email@example.com
Closing deadline: Friday 19 March 2021.
We look forward to hearing from interested candidates who share our exciting vision!